The Interloan system has been upgraded
- Log in to your old account to see your pre 13th August Interloan request history.
- To place new requests view the video and read the information below.
How do I request an Interloan?
Check Library Search | Te Waharoa first to make sure the item is not held in the Library.
- In Library Search | Te Waharoa search for the item that you want.
- If you do not find what you are looking for select the Expand Search button at the end of the results page:
- If you find a matching record, select the title.
- Within the record page, select “Interloan this item”. You may be required to log in with your VUW username and password.
- Your request details will automatically populate the request form.
- Select your pickup location and then select “Submit Request”. Distance students or Distance staff: Select the “Distance Delivery” pickup location and we will post the book to you.
- The request will appear in your Interloan Account.
- Please note that the following options in your Interloan Account are not currently able to be used: Import My Lists, My Personal Lists or Saved Searches.
- To start a new search, select “Search the Library” in the Library Links dropdown menu.
Unable to find the item you want?
Select Interloan at the end of the Library Search | Te Waharoa results page to fill in a blank request form.
How do I view my requests?
Are there charges?
- No charges for standard requests found within New Zealand.
- Urgent requests (needed within 2 working days) have a $20 charge. Only New Zealand sourced items can be requested urgently.
- In rare cases there will be charges for international requests due to shipping costs. We will contact you first if there are any charges.
- Information about overdue and lost charges can be found on the Borrowing page: https://library.victoria.ac.nz/library/using-library/borrowing
How long do Interloans take to arrive?
- Standard Interloans found within New Zealand usually arrive within 10 working days. Article and chapter copies generally arrive sooner than loans.
- International Interloans arrive in approximately 2–6 weeks.
- Urgent requests (New Zealand only) usually arrive in 2 working days. If you require an urgent request, select “Yes” for the following question on the request form:
How do I renew my Interloan?
- Log in to your Interloan account at https://vuw.account.worldcat.org/profile.
- In your Account Details find the item you want to renew.
- Select Renew.
- Your renewal request will go to the Library who supplied the Interloan. They will either approve the renewal and extend the due date, or decline the renewal. If the renewal is declined you will need to return the loan by the original due date.
- If there is no Renew button please email Library-Interloans@vuw.ac.nz.
Where do I return my Interloan?
- You can return your Interloan to any service point at any Victoria University of Wellington Library.
Who can use the Interloan service?
How will you contact me?
- We will contact you through the email address you use for the University. You will be emailed when your request has arrived.
- If your contact details have changed, please update them on Student Records or through your University staff record.
How do I contact Interloan staff?
- Email Library-Interloans@vuw.ac.nz or phone (04) 563 5693 during working days.
If you are another Library wishing to make a request, please see Interloan Information for Requesting Libraries.